Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of:
Vaginal suppositories. They have a torpedo-like appearance, yellowish or light brown color. The composition of the candle includes 0.5 g of metronidazole and 1.5 g of solid fat.
Tablets. Different light yellow and round shape. Covered with an intestinal-soluble membrane. On one side of the tablet is embossed "F250". The capsule contains 250 mg of the active ingredient and auxiliary ingredients (povidone, rice starch, titanium dioxide).
Metronidazole is included in the group of imidazoles. The substance is embedded in the transport protein components of anaerobic bacteria and protozoa, where the recovery of 5-nitrogroup. The modified drug affects the DNA of unicellular microorganisms, inhibiting the production of ribonucleic acid. This contributes to the death of bacteria or protozoa.
When to use
Flagil (and its analogues), according to the instructions for use, is used in infectious processes caused by anaerobic microorganisms (for the life of such representatives oxygen is not needed). Proved good sensitivity of Giardia, other protozoa (Leishmania, trichomonade, amoebas) to the action, which has Flagyl, its structural analogues. The drug is easily absorbed by the intestine, penetrates the placenta, so it is not used in pregnancy.
The action time is 8-10 hours, take the medicine twice a day, excreted in the urine, feces after destruction by the liver. Instructions for use recommends the use of Flagil in many branches of medicine. It:
Infectious diseases in the presence of Giardia in the liver or bile ducts, amoebiasis, cutaneous leishmaniasis, intestinal or urogenital trichomoniasis.
- Cardiology - with complex antibacterial treatment of endocarditis, especially if the pathogen circulating with blood is anaerobic.
- Surgery uses Flagil, its analogues for intravenous administration in the postoperative period after surgery on the abdomen, bones, gas gangrene, for the prevention of severe conditions, if there is a massive tissue injury. There are reviews that in some cases it is better to use rectal candles for this purpose.
- Oncology uses the drug for radiation therapy of tumors.
- Gastroenterology. Significantly fewer exacerbations of gastric ulcer, when used in the treatment of the Glaygl or equivalents.
- The addiction applies Glaygl (or tablet counterparts, choosing those that cost less than) for the treatment of alcoholism.
- Dermatology, cosmetology in the treatment of demodecosis successfully use Flagyl or analogues locally.
Instruction manual warns about contraindications to taking the medicine. This is the period of pregnancy, breast-feeding, hematopoiesis disorders. Possible side effects associated with the effect on different organ systems:
- Central nervous-dizziness, headache. Those who took the Glaygl, noted difficulties in the management of vehicles, violation of perception, drowsiness.
- Digestion-appetite disappears, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea are possible.
Immune-there may be allergies in the form of rashes, itching; fungal lesions when applied topically.
- Hematopoietic-anemia, thrombocytopenia, decrease in white blood cells due to oppression hematopoiesis.
How to treat trichomoniasis
In gynecology, Flagil is often used to treat urogenital infections caused by Trichomonas. Combining the General and local influence on the pathogen, use tablets through the mouth, vaginal tablets or candles. Usually gynecologists recommend taking pills to both sexual partners in the treatment of trichomoniasis. Reviews claim that the use of Flagil requires patience because of the possible lack of effect, the need for repeated courses of treatment in 10-14 days.
Often using candles for local treatment of trichomoniasis, women soon find complications in the form of fungal lesions of the vaginal surface. This is how thrush manifests itself, which requires the abolition of the drug. The glaygl or its analogues on the change antifungal antibiotic. Locally can be used candles Livarol or other, recommended doctor analogues Ketoconazole. Such treatment is not used in pregnancy because of the risk of malformations in the fetus.
Recommendations on dosing
Flagyl comes in several forms: powder, suspensions, tablets for oral and vaginal use, and solution for intravenous administration. In accordance with the attached to the medication instructions to use the tablet form of the drug "Flagyl" should, after or during a meal. Chew the tablets does not mean they need to swallow, plenty of drinking water.
Contraindications to the use of
Flagyl causes a number of adverse reactions, which mainly occur, if a person treated with this drug with contraindications. Reviews of patients undergoing therapy, contain information about what unwanted effects from the treatment are also being developed and failure to comply with the dosage. Therefore, to calculate optimal amount of the drug "Metronidazole" for effective therapy must a qualified technician.
individual immunity to the components;
Central nervous system;
In the instructions for use contraindications include a ban use of the drug during pregnancy. But given the reviews of doctors, with the help of this drug can cure helminthic infection in pregnant or lactating women. Important in this case to correctly calculate the dosage, so as not to hurt the child and consider the ratio of benefits to mother and harm the baby.